Tuesday 14 February 2012

Blogging

Today I thought I would simply blog about blogging.
As I sit here at my desk writing this entry I am watching my students as they also set about writing their latest blog post. One of the issues I face with them each week during blogging time is what can they blog about? I try to tell them that they can write about what ever they want be it a recent event in their lives, a current affairs story, a book review, what interests them right now. Hey last week I even blogged about my favourite television show.
I was pleased with the entries that the students wrote last week. We have just updated our blogging platform to weebly. The beauty of this is that their work can be easily shared with myself and their parents. It is important that a comment is added. Feedback is crucial and also the students need to know that their work is being read.
I am looking forward to seeing the blogs of my students unfold and develop as the year progresses. It will be interesting to see if the quality of their entries deepens as the year progresses. I am also hoping that regular blogging has a positive influence on their general literacy skills.
So why do I blog? To get things off my chest, to make my voice heard, to develop my own writing skills. Anyhow I am enjoying it and my New Year's resolution to blog weekly is so far standing true. I like being able to add a tiny url to my blog and then send it out on twitter.
Anyhow enjoy my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment